“Basic Mountain Training Summer Course”
“Basic Mountain Training Summer Course” has been conducting at Colonel Besik Kutateladze Sachkhere Mountain Training School from 23 May till 10 June 2016 with the cadets(33 trainees) of the USA Reserve Officers’ Training Corps.
On this course the trainees will learn:
• Rules of usage mountain equipment and technical data;
• Determine the location, planning the route on a map, move on the mountainous terrain using a compass and a map;
• Providing first aid treatment, organizing collective survival and evacuation;
• Acquiring the skills of rock climbing (on natural rock and artificial wall), climb up on the fixed rope, cross the river.
• Overcome the obstacle path, getting familiar with the arranged path obstacle and rock descend;
• Complex and physical tests including: climb up on the fixed rope, knots, rock climbing, rock descend, movement on 12 km. + 1200m. altitude.
After doing the tests successfully the trainees will receive certificates and badges.